Its funny you say that because I always felt the same way about Bonanno guys. not too many big earners (that we know about anyway).

Mike Sabella was a solid earner I believe. Joe Zicarelli earned well. I'm sure others did as well. But as far a HUGE earners with multimillion businesses or rackets. I really can't name any!

I have zero info on La Bruzzo, other than what is commonly known about him already.

*** I take that back. I believe that his underboss before Galante, Francesco (Frankie Carroll) Garofalo, was indeed a very wealthy guy. But who really knows? He lived in midtown Manhattan in a big townhouse, owned some RE, and a "packing company" out in California, etc. He later retired to Sicily with his assets (supposedly).

I can most certainly tell you this, John Tartamella, Paul Sciacca, Gaspare DiGregorio, Nicholas DiStefano, Mike Adamo, among many, many others were DEF NOT wealthy. Again, I personally knew Tartamella (father and son), Sciacca, and Di Gregorio... and their families.
They each lived in a nice but modest LI home. Each had food on the table. But NO fancy cars, or extensive property holdings, or even big businesses to speak of.

Tartamella was a union official (never had businesses per se), Di Gregorio had a small dress factory (end of story), Sciacca had several dress factories and was a bit more stable.... but nothing that you'd imagine a mafioso to have (especially that each of the guys I've mentioned were top, top guys; consigliere, underboss, top skippers, etc)...and rose into the boss spot after that. WTF??

You can imagine what the average soldier had (or didn't have) if the hierarchy was that lean.