Louie, THAT'S a great pick!!

Giuseppe (Joe) Arcuri is a very underrated mafioso. Why? Because during his tenure in the life, a position that always saw him near the top of power, whether he was a soldier or later a skipper Arcuri was low-key and very cautious.

He lived his life the way a TRUE mafioso should and that is "in the shadows", not a showboat.

He largely stayed out of prison. I'm not even sure he's ever done 1 day in jail. If he did a bit then it was way back in his youth and must have been a short bit at best. But as I say I'm not so sure he's even seen the inside of a cell.

A very well respected man. Close to the bosses regardless of whether it be Salvatore D'Aquilla, Albert Anastasia, Carlo Gambino, or Paul Castellano.

Regardless of his "official" status, Arcuri was a name well known throughout national gangland by those who needed to know. If I'm not mistaken he was utilized to carry messages and the dictates of New York leaders to bosses in other parts of the country. He was also a "mediator" of sorts who was sent to quell disturbances and quarrels between mob factions in different states by the Commission in his earlier years.

I'm sure he wasn't hurting for money. He had interests in several legit businesses in NYC. Just a smart and shrewd guy. If I'm not mistaken he owned a successful retail liquor store on the upper East Side for years, and some real estate holdings. He may not have been a multimillionaire (or maybe he was), but he always earned well.

He also lived to a ripe old age! The most exposure he ever got was during the Gotti era because Gotti was like a magnet for LE. And all those around him had that light shown on them. I do believe your choice more than meets ALL the criteria I set out for a pick.

THATS a pick! Great choice..... One of the true "sleepers" of Cosa Nostra.