Originally Posted by NYMafia
Correct Neo. There have been many guys who have made tons of money in their lives. But if they did a lot of time, then what good was it? They were better off being shoemakers.

One of my "key" criteria was to have done NO time, or at worst up to a 5-year bid. Otherwise once you start doing 10s and 15s. Or 20, 30 years in the jug. For me? Is most definitely NOT worth it. No matter who the hell they were, or how lofty a position they reached in the hierarchy.

You don't get back those years!

Yeah I'd say 5 years in total is the cut off point before it becomes not worth it. May be that's one reason why the mob is having so much trouble finding new talent because young Italians know that if they become part of the life it can end with them doing a long stretch and they have other options. Young Italians can choose professions that don't put them in danger of doing prison time. I mean; do you want to be a bookie or a lawyer?, a doctor or a shylock?, a legitimate business owner or a racketeer? Some of these choices carry prison time and other choices don't.

Last edited by Neo; 07/25/20 05:51 PM.