New England would have been alot more powerful if Bianco took over even with LE scrutiny. A couple of guys would have still been killed, William Grasso being the top one with all his antics during the 1970s and may have been killed sooner than later. Bianco would have made sure Boston was at least content and not rocking the boat. Bianco would have actually stabilized the family significantly before his arrest and conviction. Angiulo would not have attempted to take over the family, and their would not have been a lot of fiction between him and Larry Zannino in Boston. They would both still go down, but their recommendations on their replacements would have been fully listened to, but may not have been accepted. Bianco would have most likely backed up Russo in a few points instead of Salemme, if the Angiulo, Zannino, and Patriarca Jr thing never happened. Bianca time as underboss and boss showed he was skilled diplomatically as well as business savvy.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green