The more I continue to research the mafia regime based in Springfield, Massachusetts, the more I believe that Genovese consigliere Mike Miranda's brother was probably the catalyst or "seed" for the Luciano/Genovese Family to first plant their flag in Springfield soil.

Antonio Miranda first relocating up to that City in Massachusetts where he settled down and made a home is the first time that a New York City based Luciano Family-connected mob figure was documented there.

From that point forward we have Big Nose Sam Cufari, Frankie Skyball Scibelli and his brothers. Right next door in the City of Worcester we see Frank Iaconi and his brothers, and later Carlo Mastrototaro..... the Genovese had a virtual "lock" on the area from that point forward.

In recent decades we had their successor Adolfo (Al) Bruno, and a string of lessor mob lites who continued to run things....But the original "seed" to me was Antonio Miranda who of course had the strength and backing of his powerhouse brother, capo and later consigliere Michele (Mike) Miranda, and underboss Vito Genovese.
--

My question to forum members is this; does anyone know of an earlier "Luciano-Genovese" Family connection that would have opened the door for the borgata to start operating in that town and general territory? I know that there have been many who did in the years afterwards, but before Tony Miranda??