Originally Posted by Njein
Originally Posted by Neo
Originally Posted by jackdempsey1930
Ducks did not put Amuso and casso in charge this is such a myth. He put Amuso in charge. Casso was only upp'd to a acting capo when amuso became boss. Amuso was being groomed for the job as far back as the 60s and 70s for the top spot. When amuso became the boss he had a lot of people naturally who wanted the position over him like in any family. Adventually Casso worked his way up to the heirachy but can you blame Vic? The Bronx faction wants his spot and he needs someone to watch his back, why not the most dangerous guy in the family/entire mob...casso. Plus Vic had new and worked with casso and they were both from Brooklyn. Strategically anyone would have done it.

Why would Ducks groom Amuso to take over as boss, there is nothing special about the guy. Sure he pulled in big scores but that was through drug trafficking and he funneled the drug money through his shy business to make himself look like a big earner to the bosses. Maybe Ducks fell for that shit and did look at Amuso as a big earner?

Amuso wasn't great at avoiding law enforcement either, I wouldn't say he was a walking target for the law, but he was no Benny Squint. Amuso did 3 years and 7 years in prison before becoming boss. Perhaps because of that Ducks looked at him as a stand up guy?

May be Ducks did look at Amuso as a big earner and stand up guy but man he was looking at him all the wrong way. Amuso was just a fraud who felt unsecure as boss and needed Casso to hold his hand for years.

Did Tony Ducks have any pangs of regret for choosing Vic Amuso over someone who had better qualifications?

I don't know if Ducks ever expressed any regret to anyone about choosing Amuso to replace him but Ducks lived long enough to see the Lucchese family unraveling on Amuso's watch.
2 x acting bosses, a underboss and 2 x capo's flipping, made men in the Lucchese family getting clipped because of Amuso and Casso's greed and paranoia. Big busts as a direct result of all the chaos and carnage they caused.

I think it's safe to say Ducks had a few pangs of regret, regardless of whether he expressed it to anyone or not.

Last edited by Neo; 07/23/20 10:10 PM.