Pete, I really like those two movies, but they are far from cinematic masterpieces.

However, one movie I just watched shouldn't even be classified as a movie. I ran across it on YouTube. It's entitled The Bamboo Saucer and it stars Dan Duryea and Lois Nettleton. I like both of them, but not in this one.

The film is from 1968 and I had never heard or read of it. It's plot which involves Russians and Chinese is right out of the us versus them Cold War playbook. It's so called special effects are primitive, quite a step back from even the 50s version of special effects. I recall the criticism of Independence Day because it had crop duster pilots being able to operate F-18s even in combat. This film is even worse because it has earthlings being able to pilot a flying saucer not only in the atmosphere, but even in outerspace. The plot is elementary, the dialogue is terrible, and the acting ... well, what can you do with bad material, etc? Duryea and Nettleton are not the quality of actors who can rescue a bad film.

I could go on and on, but to no end. It's just about the worst film I've ever watched. In fact, it is the worst film I've ever watched.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."