Originally Posted by chin_gigante
Originally Posted by Dob_Peppino
@Zavattoni Yeah after looking at it again I realized that I'm definitely interested in how most of them Infiltrated legitimate busimess sectors at a high level. Not that I don't find the blue collar guys interesting but I think the business guys get a bad rap. After all its about money not cracking head ( although thats needed in the life).

Angelo Caruso is an interesting figure for longevity, but alot of the "original" Bonanno guys are obscure. He relinquished rank after the Maranzano hit and became a captain. A respected old timer who helped settle the family after the Banana War. Wasn't very ambitious for power.

@Hoodlum you being a philly guy, I'm drawing a blank on the name of a guy who got caught in (let's say) "Vito Spatafore" situation in the late 60s, do you know who I am referring too?

That Philly guy was Pasquale Massi, who was a captain. Unsuccessfully tried to bribe a park ranger in Arkansas after he was caught being the "passive partner" in an act of rectal sodomy with a young black guy. It was speculated at the time that he'd be killed or simply told to kill himself but neither happened, he just got taken down and replaced with Joseph Lanciano.
I saw one report that said he'd been offered the position of boss before Angelo Bruno but turned it down.

Was me chin_gigante was spreading rumors about, he'd have something up his own ass, and it wouldn't be no cock, either!

Attached Files pasquale massi.jpg

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.