In no particular order
1.) Frank Costello- a classy guy with political connections bootlegged liquor with Joe Kennedy, lived at Waldorf Astoria. Had inhibitions about being a criminal and saw a psychiatrist. And "pay my tax"

2.) Tommy Lucchesse- same with the political connections, a very slick machiavellian. Involved in Maranzano hit, had a smooth relationship with Gagliano. Schooled Santo Trafficante and was the real puppeteer behind Don Carlo.

3.) Little David Petillo- "ran" brothels for Luciano. Was a cross-dresser, started doing hits as a teen dressed as a girl. Did hits all over the country, a feared little guy with a interesting reputation. Killed his more psychopathic partner Charlie Gagliodotto (think it spelled right)

4.) Tom Gagliano- the fact that he is such a mysterious figure makes him interesting. Guy was a boss in NY for 20yrs no problems. Ran black market rackets, mentored Tommy Lucchesse

5.) Joe Bonnano- I think this goes without saying for me lol
But in my opinion (because of the amount of info true and false) he represents everything (the very best and very worse) of what a true Mafioso and Cosa Nostra is. I'm fine with being in the minority on him but hey the Castellamarese is a tight club.

6.) Paul Castellano- another guy with alot of info, thats mainly negative but taking away the personal stuff, very wealthy powerful legitimate business guy. People forget that beside Don Carlo, he did have his immediate family power to draw from.

7.) Vincent Gigante- one of the most interesting guys. A criminal mastermind IMO. Started as a bodyguard for Genovese, the Costello botch (surprised Chin survived that). Ran Greenwich village, then "secretly" ran the mighty Genovese family in a bathrob

8.) Nicky Scarfo- pure psychopath (WAY too trigger happy for my taste) but his history is fascinating. I think besides the killing, he's underrated as a boss. Had more control then Bruno, strong connections to the West Side and Gambinos.

9.) Frank Garofalo- Longtime underboss for Bonanno, involved in the hit on Carlo Tresca, help organize the Bonannos international drug pipeline with Sicily

10.) Angelo Caruso- old timer that was underboss to Maranzano, lasted until the 70s.

11.) Marco Reginelli- very powerful "little" guy who ran North Jersey rackets for Philly. Connected in NY.

12.) Richie the boot Boiardo- another powerful north jersey guy, ran an "independent" crew for years until become apart of the Genovese's in the late 40s. Local Political connections

13.) Harry Hunchback Riccobene- the guy was MADE AS A TEENAGER , lasted until the 80s. was granted a "clemency" by Angelo Bruno to run a semi-autonomous crew. And the beef with Scarfo.

14.) Don Carlo Gambino- reputation speaks for itself

15.) Charles Battaglia- started in L.A then transfered to the Bonannos and ran Joe B. operations in Arizona and New Mexico

@Zavattoni you have a solid list, didn't know that about Scotto and Jimmy Carter

Last edited by Dob_Peppino; 07/22/20 09:21 AM.

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano