I'm not trying to glorify the mafia; or certain individuals; but I would like to know for us mafia people. Who are your favorite guys to read about or study? Would love a brief synopsis (Description) beside each one. It doesn't have to be in order. (Top 15)

1. Anthony Scotto - Guy was a captain in the Gambino's and involved in the ILA union. He had powerful political connections and was once considered for an administration position in Jimmy Carter's administration. He's completely legitimate today and respected.

2. Joseph Ciancaglini - Was one of the last guys who was inducted under Angelo Bruno; Possibly involved in the Bruno murder.... NY wanted to whack him but he got saved by Scarfo. Survived a 30+ year prison sentence.... He's still around today.

3. Sonny Franzese - Legend (No comment)

4. Tom DiBella - Was Carmine Persico's Acting boss; and a low scrutinized figure.

5. Anthony Corallo - His reign had no opposition; He was a good boss for the most part; His main scrutiny is him listening to Cristopher Furnari and putting Amuso and Casso as head of the family

6. Rosario Gambino - Seemingly untouchable.... Dealing drugs in Philly's territory; Angelo Bruno was getting tribute; etc..

6. Joseph Armone - Served 5 bosses; Never ratted and was loyal

7. Gregory Scarpa - How he was able to operate as a mafia guy and informant for so long. I have no idea...

8. Philip Lombardo - One of the best bosses in LCN history

9. Carmine Galante - Ruthless guy; Thought he could betray his old friend Rastelli; It ended up twisting around on him (1979 murder)

10. Mike Salerno - Well respected captain in the Bronx for the Lucchese"s; Shame he was murdered. (Casso/Amuso)

11. Nino Gaggi - Old school LCN

12. Vincent Gigante (Legend)

13. Nicholas Santora - Would like to know more about him; He died in 2018 but he was buddies with some of the old guys (Massino; Mike Sabella; Lefty Ruggiero; etc)

14. Anthony Accetturo - Captain of the NJ Lucchese faction; Close to Tony Ducks. Informant once his life was in danger.

15. Harry Riccobene - Tough old fart lol; Didn't mind getting in a war with Scarfo.

Honorable mention
1. Mike Pappadio
2. Anthony Anastasio
3. Micheal Zaffarano
4. Albert Gallo
5. Thomas Eboli

Ther are others I want to mention but this is just a list on the top of my head. Would love to hear everyone's top 15.

Last edited by Zavattoni; 07/21/20 02:20 PM.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.