Originally Posted by NYMafia
....Of course. It will look a lot different on all fronts. I'm only saying that Cosa Nostra/The Mafia is alive and well in Italy. And that this is what they do. Immigrate to other countries.

I doubt it would ever be amid the waves of millions of Italian immigrants coming to America like they did in the early 1900s, but certainly hundreds of mafiosi could very well migrate to New York, etc., for the sole purpose of establishing a new beachhead.

Just look all across Europe, Australia, the U.S., Canada for goodness sake! America is a prized plum. Always has been. Do you really think that if in fact the American Cosa Nostra was ever to be completely eradicated that the Italian/Sicilian "men of honor" wouldn't come over in larger numbers and set up shop in a bigger way than they've done in the past?

Hell, they've been doing it already for the last sixty plus years. But they've had to recognize and pay a tribute to the American families which is customary of any mafia group that wants to operate in another Families territory.

Perfect examples of this are the Gambino brothers who settled into Brooklyn and later Cherry Hill, New Jersey. Also Lorenzo Mannino who were later absorbed into the Carlo Gambino Family. Many, many Bonanno's who as early as a week or so ago took a hit back in Sicily. The prosecutors over there said that evidence they uncovered during their investigation clearly pointed to the Sicilians supplying the American Bonanno's with manpower and constant cooperation between the two countries.

Then we have the N'dranheta who are setting up shop in New York, Miami, and elsewhere in North America (and all over Canada as well), as clearly evidenced by their arrests several years ago in NYC where they worked in tandem with the Gambino and Genovese Families. They got pinched right along with another 20 + American mob guys.

But if the Americans were ever weakened to the degree we are talking about, I think you'd either see them (the American bosses) welcome new Italian blood with open arms, or if they were that weak the native Italians would just "set up shop" on their own as they've done plenty of times before.

Do you really think that's far-fetched?? ...because I definitely don't. In fact to the contrary, the more I think about it, I do think it's quite possible. Even probable!

Yeah it's not hard to imagine the 'Ndrangheta and other Italian OC groups expanding their presence in New York if the American Cosa Nostra was completely eradicated but I don't see them having full-blown borgatas. Then again I suppose it depends on what you consider a borgata. 20 made guys could be called a crew like the 18th Ave crew, or 20 made guys could be called a borgata like the Detroit partnership.......all depends on your definition of a borgata.

Last edited by Neo; 07/21/20 06:19 AM.