LOL...... Lenox, you've just said a mouthful! MORE than a mouthful. Trevor, Jake, Blake, Kristian, etc..... once theres no more Frankie, Johnny, Sammy, Bobby, Al, Jimmy and Sally..... there're done!... LOL we're done!

All these Yuppie, Puppie names. All these Whitebread, "UN-ethnic" names are a telltale sign of Cosa Nostra's downfall. with THAT I wholeheartedly agree.

You lose the history, tradition, "flavor" if you will, of who and what they are.

The point I was trying to make in my post was just that the Mafia (in some shape or form) will be around. Especially in Southern Italy and Sicily. Over there you will NEVER, EVER, fully eradicate it.

Because of that America will always have at least some Mafiosi here. If not American born, then Italian born who come over. It may not by the 24-26 crews that they started out with. As you pointed out, there's only 8-10 true families left in 2020 now anyway. In years to come I don't see them making a miraculous comeback. But I do think you'll have a few crews around. Even if at some future point in time they merge. Maybe not in Chicago, Detroit or even Philly anymore. But down the road in the NY-NJ area. The hub and center of their universe? Yes, I do think we will continue to see that.

If at some point in time they choose to absorb Italian born mafiosi into their ranks, THAT will be the blood infusion (literally) that Cosa Nostra needs.

........We may even see in 10, 20 years, Sicilian and Calabrian born mafiosi setting sail for America and starting up solid "complete" borgatas in the USA if the Americans are not strong enough anymore. It could be like 1910-1930 all over again. "Round 2" so to speak.... far fetched? I'm not so sure of that.

I wouldn't count the Mafia out just yet! If history has taught us anything, it's shown us that they are a very resilient bunch.