"Also; I believe Gaggi was on the streets for 3-4 Months with Gotti as boss; Apperently Nino was missing meetings and decided not to meet with Gotti one time...

What do everyone think?"

Nino couldn't accept Gotti as the rightful Gambino boss if for no other reason than he was not Sicilian. If we believe what we read, Nino saw the Gambino family upper echelons as strictly Sicilian property and territory. When you weight in how close he was to Castellano, his motive for hating Gotti becomes obvious. I truly believe that when he summoned Gotti, that he was "calling him in" and calling him to account. I truly believe Nino had backing from other capos and that Gotti might have been whacked if he "came in" to see Nino. I also think Gotti knew this. I believe had Nino not gone to jail and survived health wise, he would have in fact taken over the Gambinos. He hinted to Montiglio in Murder Machine that he was next in line. Had Nino survived, the Gambinos might have even had their own "banana war".

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."