you peaked my curiosity about those fellas after I read them. So I looked them up. I noticed that a Joe Visconi is alleged to have been killed by Pinto. He was a bartender at the Wagon Wheel Lounge in NY? and this Joey Rabbit and Louis Spetrino were guys active in Connecticut with a few Gambino guys?

I imagine they are the ones you are referring to? I see that they are mentioned in several articles, but no reference per se to the Joey Gallo incident at all.

Cosmo Sandalo, an old time zip supposedly ran a game in CT with one of them. It came from the LCNBios site that I have a lot of confidence in. He's a pretty good researcher.

The other source was "Wikipedia" about Visconi which as I'm sure you know and agree is less than reliable as a source. Anyone can modify that info. So I'd be less sure of anything written there.
---
One more thing Giacomo, for what its worth. Joe Yak and Vinny Aloi were both "there" always for years. I do believe that Benny and Cisco had also been made years before. But it's believed that Funghi got straightened out a few years later when the books opened up. I'm sure that his "work" that evening must have helped him in getting his button. That was a huge hit. Lot of props to the guys who pulled the Gallo killing off.

Funghi was never a big earner per se. And I don't know that he moved mountains after getting straightened out. But just that piece of work gave him a lot of respect from guys afterwards ya know. How could it not right?

Last edited by NYMafia; 07/19/20 04:05 PM.