Well fellas, it's a friggin scorcher out there in NYC today so I guess I'll be staying inside where its cool with A/C and posting up a bit of conversation to you.

First I wanna mention that this expose on the Sam DeCavalcante crew of Elizabeth, New Jersey is my latest piece of writing. I do hope everybody enjoys it.

At one time they had the potential to be a real solid crew, and they were going that way. Small, tightly run. Sam was on the right track, but got screwed up with those tapes.

....as far as it goes today, I think the best anybody can hope for in any of the Five Families and the DeCav's also is too condense themselves. NO Family is doing great. And that's true from the Genovese on down. Its been often said the the Genovese are the "Rolls Royce" of wiseguys. I gotta tell ya that that's a crock of shit!

Everybody's in the same boat today. Now, have the Genovese had less rats? yes. Have they been more cohesive? yes. But that's largely been because they have a big crew and deep bench. The same could be said for the Gambino's...the DeCavalcante's, with only 30-40 members have been devastated the worst for that very reason. Less human "assets" so to speak.

The Bonanno, Colombo, Lucchese, and DeCavalcante crews are much much smaller. So the same amount of arrests and pinches has crippled them quicker that's all. ALL the crews today are in trouble.

IMO, the smart individual crews should actually capitalize on that fact now and go the other way. Condense themselves and stay small and very surreptitious in their activities. It is the one move that I think may help them.

NO collaboration with others. NO reaching out to expand rackets and activities. Stay small, stay tight, and just hold their ground..... its called "survival". Whether it's an individual skipper and his few "soldiers". Or a single soldier with several of his closer "associates". Or for that matter an individual top "associate" who does his thing and not mix around as much with fellow knockaround guys.

THIS is the mindset that I believe needs to be adopted for survival. It's not unlike what the Mafia in Sicily did back in the 1920s when the government tried to purge them off the Island, and again in the 1940s under Mussolini dictatorship.

Back to "the caves" so to speak. Underground!... "True" mafiosi know this well. The washed down American version of younger street guys have no clue. Whether guys are born in this country or back in Italy makes little difference. A true mafioso "mentality" teaches you this. This is "core" mafioso values.