Originally Posted by Njein
Originally Posted by JCrusher
I think Paul has both positives and negatives as a boss. I know the biggest criticism of Paul was that he was out of touch with the street guys which is true BUT it was probably smart for him to stay away as much as possible. As respected as Neil was he was constantly under indictment or investigation. When the FBI did surveillance at the Ravenite between April-August 1979 it was reported that Neil was their for 120 days in that period do he put himself out there. Paul obviously was a big earner and the Gambino was hugely profitable during his reign. Obviously he was very good with white collar crimes which brought in the biggest amount of money. But Paul was a greedy bastard. His greed certainly was a big reason for his downfall. Also like I pointed out in an earlier post the Piccolo murder was a big mistake by him and lost him more respect. Then the whole thing with the maid didn’t help. But in fairness it was the actions of the Bergin crew Drug dealing that led to the feds being able to bug His house.

Wasn't Gotti also incensed at the fact that Paul was a no-show at Dellacroce's funeral?
I personally feel that Jimmy Brown Failla should have been Gambino's successor than Paul.

Nah Frank Decicco was the best choice. Jimmy Brown would have been a big pushover when dealing with other families

Last edited by JCrusher; 07/14/20 12:25 PM.