'Ndrangheta in the North, the repentant: "The Nirta commanded in Aosta"
July 11, 2020
The drug trafficking routes discovered in Operation Gehenna
The existence of a local of the 'Ndrangheta in Aosta , where "the Nirta commanded", was confirmed by Domenico Agresta, one of the most important collaborators of justice of the Turin DDA, questioned today - by videoconference - at the Gehenna trial.

Agresta, 31, regretted it in 2016. In the interrogations rendered that year he had not spoken of the 'ndrangheta's activity in Aosta. Today he explained that "in our environment certain things are known, they are implied, and so, when I met Giuseppe Nirta , I did not need to specifically ask him that he was an affiliate and he was on Aosta: just as he knew that I was from Volpiano ".

Agresta also explained that "my uncle, Domenico Marando, told me that our families had always been united". Compared to the interrogations of 2016 he also added that a "Di Donato", of which he did not name, belongs to the local Aosta: but he did not recognize him in the photographs that were shown to him. Among the people involved in the investigation Geenna is Roberto Alex Di Donato, tried with the abbreviated rite, who today made use of the right not to answer.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"