It was his nick name. He had a tattoo that read Pinto 1949. Real name Carmine DiBiase, he was a Colombo associate and feared hitman for the family. Alphonse Sonny Red Indelicato took the rap for the murder of Mikey Evans that he took part in with DiBiase in 1956. DiBiase also killed Joey Gallo bodyguard Ali Waffa in 1963. The shooters in the Gallo shooting were Phil Gambino, Carmine DiBiase, Joseph Visconi all associates of the Colombo crime family, along with an unidentified associate from the Patriarca family that was in New York City visiting relatives, and was at the hangout at the time Joseph Luparelli a Colombo associate came running in to inform them that Gallo was at Umbertos. He went on the run late 1973. Many people and sources close to Colombo family say he was killed on the run since the family felt he was too much of a drunk and act first kind of guy. Hope that helps dsd.

Last edited by Giacomo_Vacari; 06/30/20 08:48 PM. Reason: Unidentified associate

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green