Saverio Santora was one of the first members made when the books opened back up in the 1970s. He was a protege of Antonio Ferro. Antonio Ferro became official Capo of the crew when Fat Tony was bumped up to Consigliere in 1972. Fat Tony's brother Cirino felt he should have been capo, but was appeased when he would be direct with his brother. Saverio Santora was made along with Vincent Cafaro in 1974. Ferro was acting Consigliere on two occasions, first in 1975, and again right before he retired. Saverio Santora served as acting Capo in 1977 to 1978, before officially becoming Capo. 1975 to 1978 has Antonio Ferro as official Consigliere, but was only acting on two different occasions. Santora was involved in traditional rackets, as well as narcotics which he was chiefly responsible for recruiting members of the Purple Gang into the family. Unknown when Santora became affiliated with the Genovese crime family but by the time Michael Coppola was released in 1963, Santora was hanging around Ferro.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green