Joe Colombo ran his family from 1963 until he got shot in 1971. I've been trying to figure out more about his reign during that 7-8 year period....Many say he was a puppet for Carlo Gambino; but how can you run that family for all them years and not have an opposition (Yes I know about Joe Gallo); or people trying to undermine him; If he was a puppet boss.

He didn't throw himself under the bus until the American Civil Rights League; So I'm guessing he was a good boss; and was respected by the commission as an equal? All we hear about is the American Civil Rights League; Nothing about his reign as Boss.

My question is; Who were his captains during that time period?? Didn't he demote the majority of the Profaci/Maglicco captains? It's been said that he was close with Carmine Persico who ironically took his position after the shooting along with Tom DiBella.

Also; Who was he close to on the commission besides Carlo Gambino?

Last edited by Zavattoni; 06/29/20 02:14 PM.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.