Originally Posted by Lenox
I respect everyones opinion but the Gambino’s rackets dwarfed philly. Im shocked you guys dont see that. In fact the gambino’s raked in more cash than the Genovese in the 1980’s. Its common knowledge that Gotti made millions. He did not “ blow it all on gambling” when he was boss. He owned tons of real estate and was a silent partner in many business’s. In the 1980’s , almost every building that went up in NYC was associated with the Gambino’s. Scarfo only controlled the bartenders and anothetr union in AC.
The Gambino’s also had some huge earners that obviously kick up to Gotti. Scarfo was much worse than Gotti as a boss

Dude you aren’t listening. We are talking about individually. We all agree the Gambino were more profitable than Philly. But that wasn’t because of Gotti. Im talking strictly individually Scarfo was a better earner than Gotti. I mean he wax a top guy in Atlantic City. Gotti was never a major earner as a capo he just wasnt. Roy Demeo was never a capo but he was a bigger earner than Gotti too. And yes Gotti did piss away the crews profits gambling in the early 80s. Both Angelo and Gene Gotti admitted this on wiretap. I mean we are simply trying to give you the correct information

Last edited by JCrusher; 06/25/20 09:17 PM.