Originally Posted by Dob_Peppino
@Njein Bonanno was essentially a capo during the time Maranzano was killed. During the Castellamarese war he was a bodyguard similar to Tommy Bilotti (this is were people get the impression that Bonanno was his underboss because he was so close to Maranzano)

@Giacomo I was mixed up about John Bonventre......
In regards to Luciano, it's amazing how he was able to cultivate the connections he had without being from the Sicilian tradition or having blood ties. What I also find interesting is the organizational make-up of the Luciano Family. Unlike the others, there doesn't seem to be a lineage faction within the organization (like the Gambino blood family within the Gambino crime organization) and each crew seemingly could be powerful enough in its own right to lead the Family (with guys like Genovese, Costello, Joe Adonis, Willie Moretti, Rocco Pellegrino, Miranda, Boiardo, Coppola, Carfano etc) with the cooperation of other ethnic groups (Meyer Lansky, Bugsy Siegel, Dutch Schultz, Longy Zwillman, Bumpy Johnson etc). He reallly was a "master criminal mind".

1.) All things considered in your opinion what was the weakest Family and Least secure Boss in 1931?

2.)Who if any had the biggest problem with Lucky Luciano in 1931?

3.) Which Family had the most internal strife and residual problems from the Castellamarese War?

@Dob_Peppino So Bonanno was a capo at the time Maranzano was clipped, albeit I am presuming he was more or less the street boss with Caruso the underboss. I'm presuming it's similar to Massino being the street boss for Rastelli in the 1980s.