Originally Posted by Lenox
Crusher
You actually believe Decicco thought Gotti was flashy and would eventually get arrested and thats why he voted for him to be boss?
Gotti wasnt all that flashy when he was based in queens. It was much later after he was boss. I cannot fathom that DeCicco would say “ hey, this guy is flashy, lets make him our new boss so he screws himself and gets arrested”. Its obvious, most of the Gambino’s saw something in Gotti that lead them to believe he would be a good boss and not only that, they let him keep that position.
The decalvacante’s clipped their boss, so killing Gotti wouldnt be that difficult.
Again, if all those powerful capo’s thought Gotti was stupid, why did they continue to let him run the family from prison amd then allow his son to become boss?

Actually it’s not far fetched. Chin Gigante used front bosses for many years and it was effective. I think Decicco knew he would be boss sooner or later. Also Gotti was constantly under indictment for something. I have no doubt they knew Gotti would last too long which turned out to be correct.