Originally Posted by Lenox
Some of these stories need to be taken with a grain of salt. As for Gotti running from Corozzo, who knows, if it did happen, what were the circumstances? Was Corozzo there with a bunch of his guys? Did he have a gun? People like to bash Gotti and down play him. You dont kill a boss without the commision backing and become head of the largest crime family in the country if you are an idiot and not respected.
All those so called tough guys in the Gambino family who claim Gotti was dumb for making them pay respect to him every Tuesday at the ravenite but yet they all still went. Any powerful capo in the family, and there were many, could hate ve easily garnered support to have Gotti killed and could of went to the commision and got an ok. Yet that never happened and he was on the street for 6 years. De Cicco was killed in 86 by Chin and Casso as retribution but that died out.
Another thing, Gotti continued to run the family while in prison and then appointed his son acting boss and everyone and every other family went along with it. You always hear informants bashing him and claiming other families wanted to kill him or his son but it never happened. Its ridiculous

I know from your posts that your a fan of Gotti which is fine. I think we agree he was a tough guy but the criticisms you think are ridiculous are fair criticisms. Whether you like Gotti or not you have to admit he made plenty of mistakes in his mob career. There no no getting around it. I mean I could right pages and pages of his errors. As for the Nicky Corozzo story. I have no idea if it’s true. I do know Anthony Ruggiano jr told that story and Nicky was a protege if Fat Andy so I’m inclined to believe him but who knows. As tough as Gotti was there were guys he feared. We all know about Roy Demeo and Anthony Casso who Gotti never wanted to mess with.