1. Everything points to being unified. Some crews were more loyal to Luciano or Genovese, yes but there is no indication or evidence that this hindered working with each other.

2. Bonanno inherited alot, mostly Brooklyn, Queens, and Manhattan operations, with Castellammarese members across the states and Sicily putting him in high regard as well as some making him a partner or another member of his family a partner in any kind of operation. You have to say familes instead of family since there were actually a dozen there at the time, for starters Bonanno had Bonventre, Garofalo, DiFilippi, and Vultaggio families on his corner. The Magaddino was the top family and they were behind Stefano Magaddino in Buffalo.

3. Vincent Mangano. Frank Castellano was already successful but his and Carlo Gambino power and wealth during the 30s and 40s were thanks to the perks Mangano bestowed upon them. They became more successful under Mangano.

4. For Bonanno it was Angelo Caruso and Giovanni Bonventre but they both supported Bonanno for the top spot. Profaci, the only rival would be Salvatore DiBella, but his health was failing and he preferred Profaci.

5. They were, but Luciano and Costello used Tommy Lucchese and Albert Anastasia as backdoors during negotiations or business venues.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green