1. Genovese. They had guys spread out over the country before transfers happened.
2. The edge goes to the Genovese. They were a head long before Prohibition ended.
3. That's a tie between Genovese and Lucchese. You look at Frank Costello and Tommy Lucchese, but those families had people connected to City Hall, unions, police, lawyers, long before those two came on the scene, and it would not be till the 40s when they actually had a chokehold on them, the great depression speed it up for them in the 30s.
4. That's a tie between Gambino and Colombo. Vito Genovese was violent but not as dangerous as Albert Anastasia and Joe Profaci.
5. Lucchese. The cops knew a lot of these members not as made but as payouts for bribes. Lucchese members were not high on the DA list. Deportation yeah, but of all the families they were the most secretive and were minor bleeps on the radar, except for those involved in Narcotics.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green