NJ -- the second hardest-hit state in the union -- has today lifted its stay-at-home order (not that I was able to stay at home myself anyway) after the governor was seen at protests that did not include any type of social distancing whatsoever (like most every protest). Infection stats have been on a decline here, and are relatively* low at this point (*tho people are still dying!), but I guess we'll see in a week or so whether we were ready or not (we're a shore area, beach/boardwalk, with lots of people coming in from neighboring states, all Summer long). I hope we are ready, but somehow I doubt it.

"Stage 2" openings here next Monday -- non-essential businesses & outdoor dining (with reduced occupancy + social distancing, etc) and limited DMV included. June 22 salons/barbers can open up, surely also with safety rules in place. I'm okay with it -- as long as people/businesses use Common Sense. Problem is, "common sense" is an oxymoron: it should be renamed "Uncommon Sense" or "Common Nonsense" wink

But I will admit -- SO FAR -- if the next week or two doesn't spike (here), we'll be in a better spot than I would've predicted in March/April....

Edit: CNN tag right now says, "19 States Seeing Spike in Cases Over Past Week" ohwell

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations