Originally Posted by Dob_Peppino
@ Giacomo
This has been very informative with you. I feel that you can answer this question.
Do you think Bill Bonanno had ANY good qualities for Cosa Nostra? (no saying I am for or against but there is plenty of examples of not-so-tough guys, Business oriented guys or based of nepotism guys).

If either Stefano or Peppino killed each other, would this cause a problem with CDG?

From what I've read about Bill Bonanno's position as family consigliere in 1964, many considered him a spoiled mob brat who lacked the boss material his father had. His elevation to the family's ruling panel became one of the catalysts for the Bananas War.

Very similar to Junior Gotti - the FBI found a typed list of the names of the "made" members of his organization and a 2nd list containing names of people who were proposed for membership, seriously endangering the Gambinos and the other families. The media called him "Dumbfella" for this reason, as Junior should have destroyed those long ago before the FBI raid. Many wiseguys within the Gambinos and the other families even thought he shouldn't have been promoted to acting boss.

Colombo, Scarfo and Patriarca families had similar situations where bosses elevated their sons into leadership positions and the family's standing declined as a result. Chin went down because of nepotism, although he didn't induct his son into LCN.

Trafficante Sr. was an interesting aversion to this - he was widely respected, had his son Trafficante Jr. mentored by Lucchese, strong base in Tampa Bay, connections up the wazoo, etc.

If Bonanno or Stefano killed each other, it would seriously pose major problems within the Castellammare del Golfo mob, possibly triggering a succession crisis and maybe even a 2nd Castellammarese War in NYC.

Last edited by Njein; 06/08/20 11:46 AM.