2. Yes. Especially if John Tartamella did not died, Bill would not be nominated to Consigliere and there would have not been as big as a split or not even a split. Those listed as about did affect Bonanno, but a death that does not get reported is Michael "Big Mike" Allegato in 1964, he was perhaps the most influential soldier when Giovanni Bonventre retired to Italy in the 1950s, Big Mike was the biggest connection to the Bonventre family and Trapani since he was under the radar beside the precinct that tried to keep tabs on him. His connections allowed Bonanno to communicate more effectively with Sicily.

5) Joe Bonanno was planning on retiring. Carmine Galante and Natale Evola were his top guys but were arrested and locked up. So he stayed on till they were out of jail. That plan did not work, and he irked a few capos with breaking or bumping up. Angelo Caruso stepped down from boss position in favor of Bonanno in 1931. Again he refused the Consigliere position in the 1940s, and another position in 1961 mostly likely the Consigliere position. He was also one of four candidates for the Consigliere position after John Tartamella died, the other three being Nick Alfano, Bill Bonanno, and Gaspare DiGregorio, and Caruso threw his support to Bill Bonanno. Bonanno confined in Magaddino either 1955 or 1956 that he was planning on retiring. What changed? First Frank Garofalo retired to Italy, so Bonanno had to postpone his retirement. Then a bunch of members of the families got arrested this included Natale Evola and Carmine Galante. Then the Gallo wars started, so he stayed to give advice to Joe Profaci. Then Gambino and Lucchese said it would be a good ideal if Profaci stepped down as boss, this made Bonanno mad, and he gave some support to Profaci. Magaddino was already being paranoid and with each year Bonanno stayed as boss, Stefano became more paranoid and drifted away from Bonanno and company.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green