1.) I could agree with Lucchese being most underrated. He was so smooth and cunning. Very powerful politically.

2.) Do you think if the guys who died of Natural causes (John Tartamella, Joe Notaro, Frank Labruuzo) didn't die they could have swayed it in Bonanno's favor? Which death was the biggest impact to Bonanno?

3.) Smitty DiAngelo was a heavy hitter. I think one big mistake (and I understand the reasoning from a personal closeness standpoint but) they made was not going all out for Digregorio. Bill claimed he actual had a chance to whack him and he spared him because it was his Godfather. If true, its a big smear on Bill's part IMO. If you get the Leader of insurrection, people think twice.

4.) Although I believe Bonanno did step on toes by going into people territory without including them, he did have a right go into Open towns and meddle in sime of the smaller Families. Every boss did it too some extent, its just the shear volume of Bonanno's offense's that work against him. I could totally see Sam Giancana or Carlos Marcello moving somewhere open and saying "you gotta come thru me down here", I don't agree with it but I think it within the rights of a powerful enough boss.

5.) If Bonanno would have been satisfied with what he established by 1962, I think he would've been able to leave the Family intact with a proper administration (maybe Johnny Morale, Tartamella, Angelo Caruso) and capo spot for Bill in Arizona. Also with Galante and Evola being in the can, this would clear alot of financial space in the Family. Probably no war and he'd still be highly influential.

Last edited by Dob_Peppino; 06/07/20 11:54 AM.

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano