1. Absolutely that family had the longest peaceful run then any other in NYC by far. Gagliano is underrated but Lucchese is the most underrated boss.

2. Bonanno had the force and muscles during the the 1940s into the 60s. He sent Galante to Canada not to just to control and setup a huge drug pipeline, but so Carmine would stop stepping on other people's toes. Bonanno slowly was building his empire, and gathered a lot of talent that had some egos.

3. I can name 5 members during that time that would be good candidates for boss, but you are talking about a take over, and Joe Bonanno knew who to hit, and that was Tommy DiAngelo.

4. Actually he worked well with Joe Profaci and Joe Zerilli. He use to work well with his cousin. Genovese is mixed as he worked well with some members but not others. He did not like Vito Genovese, but got along with Frank Costello. By the time Genovese became boss he worked with some of the capos in that family in joint businesses.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green