1.) Evidently Gagliano wasn't very expansive but I think it worked in his favor. He is the only original Commission member to have a peaceful transition of power and a Family fully intact, I think he is probably (based on the scarcity of info about him) the most underrated NY Boss. after all, its supposed to be a secret .

2.) I agree, Bonanno was breaking custom by going into the other territories without permission. I think when the Family had the Depth of guys like Galante, Garofalo, Tartamella, Morale, Labruzzo, Evola etc. in the 50s it gave him a freedom to move around and built an empire in a different fashion. But the game is totally different in his regime during the 60s and he should have taken more role in what was going on in NY. His legal issues certainly didn't help.

3.) I know Digergorio had other things besides garment but it was the only i could make a connection. Do you think at the time (besides Paul Sciacca) there was a better candidate to stage a take-over?

4.) Bonanno wasn't accommodating to the people who weren't his followers. For whatever reason he didn't work well with other Commission members unless he was in a position of reverence and power. His stated originally the Families were autonomous and he had authority to run it how he saw fit. He was very snobbish, a mob aristocrat in a way. This is why he remained aloof. His mob presence made people uneasy, and his refusal to adhere to the Commission in the 60s could've set a new precedent but his failure set the precedent for the Commission to have authority over each other's Families. At the time imo He had the right to do everything he was doing because all the other Familes had done it before. He just went above the point, to where he had to be called out. After his removal, you can't do anything with reproach from the Commission.

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano