Originally Posted by Hollander
Armeni are from Locri I think (Siderno group) correct me if I'm wrong.

I can't correct you because I don't know the places of birth for the few Armenis in Quebec who have a criminal history. I gather that you have no idea either.

My hunch is that some of the earliest 'ndranghetisti in Quebec were born in, lived in, or had ancestry from the comune of Ardore, in Reggio Calabria (provincia). I suspect that Vincenzo Armeni and his relatives have ancestry from Ardore but, until I find definitive proof, I'm just speculating.

Vincenzo Melia, whose mobster brother Nick (also referred to as "Nicholas") is still alive and presumably still living in Stamford, Connecticut, was born in Platì, in Reggio Calabria (provincia). Nick Melia was also born in Platì, specifically in the frazione of Cirella.

In 1963, Vincenzo and his wife were living in Sainte-Marie, which is almost three hours away from Montreal by car -- see my Evernote item at the link below.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s229...a9f092b/7abc95accf744b8c32da2d9a6cc479f8

Vincenzo's wife, Eugenia Maria (Tarantino), was born in Cirella and had immigrated to Canada in 1959 -- two facts gleaned from her September 8, 2005 obituary in the Stamford Advocate. She died August 9, 2005.

Assuming that Vincenzo and Eugenia were already married when she immigrated in 1959 -- Vincenzo would have been either 29 or 30 years old -- that means Vincenzo might have also immigrated to Canada the same year.

The Italian authorities have evidence that Vincenzo was inducted into the 'ndrangheta in 1962. I'm guessing he was made in Calabria, not Canada, but I can't be sure.

We know that Vincenzo, while an Italian citizen, had moved from Calabria (possibly Siderno) to Toronto at one point. Then he moved to Stamford. We also know that Nick too had spent some time living in Toronto before moving to Connecticut.

We also know that Vincenzo was living in Quebec in the late 1990s because he was shot in the eye on the morning of Paul Cotroni's funeral in 1998 -- this is the year stated in Eugenia Melia's obituary as to when she "retired back to Italy." I presume that Melia's having been shot in the eye had something to do with her return to Italy. I'll have to check my notes to see whether he returned the same year.

Vincenzo's wife was living in Ardore when she died in 2005. When he died in February 2015, he was also living in Ardore.