Originally Posted by NYMafia
Originally Posted by DanteMoltisanti
I havent watched it yet and dont know if I will because I suspect it will mainly be Science-Fiction tales......

This is a genuine question, and I mean no disrespect, but why is this guy's story "science fiction tales" but not every other informant's story?

I suppose the big difference would be in what he talks about and how he talks about it. Everything he says pretty much is about how great he is, how feared he was, how much the old timers respected him and how hated everyone else was. And he keeps adding new claims. He's not alone in these regards, you see people like Michael Franzese or Frank Culotta do the same, but Natale takes it to the next degree. The perfect example of that is when he flips in 1999 he tells the police that Joey Merlino made him in 1994 and immediately promoted him to boss. Now that's incredibly rare but, ultimately, believable. Philadelphia only had a handful of active members on the street at that point so just in the process of rebuilding the hierarchy it will require making guys so you can promote them to high-ranking positions - similar thing happened with the DeCavalcantes in the early-2000s. But now, years after all the trials are over, when he's no longer reliant on sticking to what he told the feds back then, he makes up some story about how he was made at a private ceremony back in the day attended only by Carlo Gambino and Angelo Bruno and that no-one else knew about it. He even says in this interview that he 'forgot' to tell Merlino about it, which was why he put him through the ceremony. If you're going to make somebody but not introduce him as made to anyone else in the family then what's the point of making him?