The Donnie Brasco would still happen but agree not to the effect it had. Mainly cause lefty would have to pay off his debts and the points were the hardest. Joe Bonanno bringing in non Castellammarese members was not a big mistake but opposite. These members brought more connections and money to the family as a whole. Some did join Gaspare DiGregorio, so did others join Bill Bonanno, most stayed on the sidelines. Dont forget that alot of the top guys in the opposition of Bonanno in his family were also from Castelammare del golfo. As for Joe Colombo, Bonanno would not have been too concerned until John Misuraca was demoted from Underboss, John Misuraca was a powerful ally to Joe Bonanno more so than Joe Magliocco. I have heard arguments that Bonanno would have supported Larry Gallo, but I dont think he would. Joe knew Colombo was nothing without Carlo Gambino. Sonny Franzese was on friendly terms with Joe Notaro, John and Sally Burns.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green