Originally Posted by Njein
I wonder how Donnie Brasco would fit in if Joe Bananas was still boss, and highly doubt that Massino, Lefty Guns, Sonny Black, Anthony Mirra, etc. would have been made.

I think the Donnie Brasco situation wouldn't have happened or at very least to the extent it did. The breaking down of the Family in the 60s is what created the atmosphere for that to happen. Once you get to 76/77 you have the remnants of Joe's era(albeit his opposition Rusty, Stevie beefs etc) guys with no true allegiance (Nicky Glasses, mike sabella), imported Sicilians without the traditional allegiance to the old order(i.e. non-Castellamerse) and the a thuggish underbelly suppressed by Bonanno's loyalist during the 50s/60s. The Bonnannos went from smart business oriented people with a traceable linage, to being run by the underbelly that did care where or who the money came from. This is how a guy (Donnie Brasco) nobody knows gets sponsored by a made guy with a hundred thousand in debts on the street..... They were doomed from the moment they sided with a outside Family (Gambinos) against their Don (Peppino), no matter how greedy he was, they still lost in the ling run imo. Joe should've never start to make an equal share on Non-Castellamerse, that was probably his true biggest mistake.

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano