Corrozzo and DiMaria were rivals to John Gotti. They didn't care if it weakened the family as a whole just as long as it made John Gotti look bad and get him out of the way.

Gotti was afraid of Nino Gaggi, Gaggi was in trouble when Gotti became boss, and he did not have the crew of killers he once had. According to what Gotti heard was during the making of the new Boss meeting between Castellano and Dellacroce, he learned that Gaggi was armed with a hideaway, and had a hit team on stand by, this was only Gaggi nephew Dom. Vincent Gigante has gone over many a times. The Cherry Hill Gambinos had hitters of their own and could import killers if need be. There is one more Gambino member I forget his name. For the Bonannos it was Anthony Spero, Bruno Indelicato, and Tommy Pitera. The Colombos it was Greg Scarpa. There are others.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green