Originally Posted by mchang93
Yea Stanfa s power came from Gambinos. When he was hiding out in Baltimore after Bruno hit he was set up with Gambino s there. I have never heard of them backing the younger guys, was under impression Natale reached out to Genovese guys he was locked up with. That being said Merlino and Ciancaglini were being guided by there fathers before Stanfa was handed the spot after not being in philly for almost a decade.

I don't understand why Stanfa became the boss of Philly; This guy was most likely involved in the Angelo Bruno hit. Stanfa ran to the Cherry Hill Gambino's for protection.. He was close with them in the 1970's. I've read that Paul Castellano; and Tony Ducks Corallo gave Stanfa a pass for the Bruno hit; John; and Rosario Gambino had a meeting with the two bosses to settle things.

I don't understand why Gotti backed Stanfa to be boss of Philly; Only reasonable explanation is; He thought he could control Stanfa; and I believe John Gotti was actually afraid of the Cherry Hills; so he wanted to help put one of their guys in (Stanfa) as boss of Philly. He let them Drug Deal; and pretty much left them alone. I think the Cherry Hills; and their sicilian counterparts had enough firepower to whack Gotti.

Anyone agree?

Last edited by Zavattoni; 05/26/20 01:10 PM.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.