I never bought that unpaid drug debt thing with Tommy Ryan. First of all the amount is crazy. No way Carlo’s giving him 4 million or even 1 million. Not to mention, you don’t think Carlo could find suppliers if he wanted to. I think Tommy Ryan got got because he thought he was bigger than everybody else. He was a hothead. He was acting boss and thought he was the real boss, until Catena, the underboss at that time tore him a new asshole. Also, absolutely no way the Gambinos would hit the acting boss of the West Side with no repercussions, even if Tommy Ryan was an asshole. The West Side would have retaliated. Even if the Genovese okayed the hit, they certainly wouldn’t have let another family kill one of their own. That’s a big no no. Big Paul did that years later and no one could believe it. The only conclusion we can draw from the Tommy Ryan hit is that it was ordered by the Genovese, specifically the boss at the time Benny Squint, and carried out by the Genovese. I’m reminded of the Chin’s “we don’t break our captains. We kill them,” quite. They didn’t break Tommy Ryan down, they killed him.

Last edited by guero; 05/25/20 10:42 AM.