What era, scenario or figure in Mob History should be brought to the screen? Mostly thinking about about things that haven't been done already. But if you can "reimagine" bad mob movies that can be redone.
Ideas
1.) A definitive movie about the Commission (which I can't believe hasn't been done yet). The era of circa 1951 around the Mangano brothers hit until around 1966, the rise of Don Carlo... that is probably the most jam packed era, where you can get most of the most important figures. Luciano is still kinda in the mix, Costello, Genovese, Bonanno, Magaddino, Lucchese, Anastasia,Gambino, Profaci and all the others figures of that time.... On second thought, that might be a great t.v series similar to Boardwalk Empire.

2.)The Valachi Papers- I think the significance of the subject could be reexamined. The Original film wasn't very good but it was the time period, I think a remake of this coud be good because of the subject, alot of history in the story.

3.) Honor Thy Father- a remake of another, not so great movie with great subject matter. The Bananas War of the 1960s with the Bonanno family.

Any Ideas????

Last edited by Dob_Peppino; 05/24/20 09:41 PM.

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano