Originally Posted by Paul Pisano
Originally Posted by olivant
Originally Posted by Paul Pisano
what happened to the Bobby Ciaro character danny devito played in the hoffa movie. he was not with hoffa at the time of hoffa's death. in the movie hoffa, bobby is also killed.
He was fictional.

it is true one learns something new everyday. i did not know that. one book i have on the mob mentions don frankos the greek and joey black. i believe they also mentioned killing hoffa. richard kuklinski also admitted to killing hoffa and freezing the body. they did make a movie about kuklinski with michael shannon and ray liotta.

Kuklinski was a pathological liar and he definitely was not responsible for Hoffa, Galante, DeMeo or any other big profile hits. He was a serial killer responsible for a handful of murders but he wasn't a mob hit man, and he definitely didn't work for DeMeo or Sammy Gravano. He was observed buying weapons from the DeMeo crew but that's it - the rest is bullshit. When he was in prison he said he had killed a cop on Gravano's orders in the 80s but it was not true. He had been put up to it by Bobby Cabert, a Gambino capo who wanted to discredit Gravano so he could get his conviction overturned. He got found out when he tried to shake down Gravano's legal team to drop the allegation. He likely never even met Gravano.

Hoffa was either killed by Provenzano's people or by guys from Detroit. Not by Sheeran, definitely not by Kuklinski and not by anyone else. George Anastasia, who has written several books on the Philly mob, met with Sheeran before Charles Brandt agreed to write 'I Heard You Paint Houses'. Anastasia recalled that, by that point, Sheeran seemed confused and didn't appear to fully know what he was talking about.