Halfway through the article. This is all normal tactics for LE in England. This happened to someone close to me who had nothing to do with a murder case. The guy had NO criminal record and was middle aged. They painted him out to be a top gangster, they threw labels such as OCGs, they had NO evidence. The way they used the media was something I couldn’t believe. Reading that article gets me angry as I relive the hell we went through. Just as the trial was coming to an end this guys cell was raided (for the first time in the time he was inside.) the cell mate was told to take a walk and the place was ransacked. Obviously retrieved the bugs. They knew for a fact that he had nothing to do with the case. They listened to the man crying for over a year as he lost his job reputation sanity health financial standing and still refused to drop the case. It goes wayyyy deeper with even worse illegal tactics used by LE but I don’t want to say anything specific to the case.

Anyway - anyone who doesn’t believe this stuff happens it happens all the time. I’ve seen and felt it personally and if they decide to go for you, you lose everything, even if you get the not guilty verdict. If you help their narrative with other codefendants you are collateral damage also.

I have family in lower level law enforcement and genuinely thought that you couldn’t be convicted without evidence. I thought that all this BS about LE acting badly was blown out of proportion. Now I know better. What scares me is the amount of innocent people of low IQs who are serving time due to loose connections with a case. Not to move it to a race thing but there must be a load of Ethnic minorities in the US serving time on dodgy charges because there is a hell of a lot in the UK. The way they used race in this case was insane. I know this case inside out and the levels of racism used by police was shocking. A clever but all white jury returned a not guilty in an hour. The judge called for an investigation into the polices tactics. In England we call those murder detectives Disgusting c*nts. Rant over