No brainer! I just re-watched, Godfather II again!

Extracts:
Originally Posted by Dwalin2011
And the way he talked about his children when he argued with Kay who wanted to leave him; as if they were his property and not living people; "I am going to keep them no matter at what cost because they are MINE"; even though he didn't word it that way, but the meaning was more or less the same
Michael at Hotel Washington, among others “I won't allow it” and “I would use all my [power] to keep something like that from happening” was poignant indeed
Lana

As regards the wives and perhaps the children too, them being “property” of the men seems to be the culture then

• Vito shut Carmela out of business too, starting with when he went into the bathroom and closed the door on her after receiving the bundle of guns from Clemenza
  • Carlo beat up pregnant Connie but Vito did nothing because once married the woman is deemed her husband's property
  • Sonny was unfaithful to his wife, Sandra which Vito was aware of
  • Fredo told Michael at Anthony's party “He can't control his wife”
  • Pentangeli dismissed / ignored his wife's concerns, when Michael was waiting for Pentangeli in Pentangeli's house
  • Roth's wife Marcia seemed totally ignorant of what Roth's business really was
Alarming and disappointingly the Corleone women accepted and accommodated being the “property” of the men and even schooled the younger women of their place

At the dinner table, after Vito's discharge from the hospital -
Carlo: Hey shut up, Connie, when Sonny's talking...
Santino: Hey, don't you ever tell her to shut up -- you got that?
Mama: Santino ... don't interfere

Connie her face all bruised and swollen after yet another beating by Carlo, to Sonny “It was my fault”