Zav, Tony Scotto was demoted by John Gotti in 1986, mainly for questioning John Gotti picking of people in certain spots, soldiers who were more experienced being pasted over for guys that were loyal to John Gotti, and were not as efficient as other members were in that particular field.

James Failla was a cautious man, he was a former driver for Gambino, and had a huge bookmaking and gambling operation. His control of the Trade Waste Association made both him and the Gambino family rich. He was a master extortionist and had done work for the family. He served as acting boss during Gambinos reign which won a few people over. I know people say he was a big time loan shark, but most of that was due to his crew. He again served as acting boss with Peter Gotti when John Gotti was locked up.

Joe N Gallo, was big in gambling and the garment industry. He had strong connections to Philadelphia, New Jersey, Tampa, and New Orleans. He suffered a stroke in 74 or 75, and when Carlo passed away, he refused the top spot. I also want to note that from 1957 till Gallo was demoted, the Consigliere was always a Calabrian. His connections alone made him a good candidate for the top apot.

John Riccobono, he inherited much from his father. He had his finger in a lot of business and was big in the garment industry. Two stories, he was demoted by Castellano or he stepped down in the early 80's.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green