Thought it might be interesting to start a travel thread. This has been a passion of mine for the last 4 years and thought it might be beneficial to offer any types of tips or tricks. In 2017 I went to England on a Beatles tour that consisted of London and Liverpool. 2018 I went I went to Vegas for a weekend (first time going). Would have rather gone to Europe again but it's expensive so I had to save for last year when I went to Poland (Auschwitz) and then Germany for Oktoberfest! I'm hoping to go to Ireland and then back to Germany next year for Oktoberfest (Oktoberfest is canceled for this year. First time that's happened since World War II).

However, since I go to New York every year for the holidays, I'm planning on going to Times Square for New Year's. Yes, I'm well aware of how crazy/stupid it is, but it actually works out well with my schedule (New Year's is on a Thursday, making New Year's Day a Friday and I'll have the day off from work so I don't have to use a vacation day). I just want to do it once to have the experience and to cross it off my list. I actually booked a room last year through AirBnB for $80 for the night but the host canceled it, saying the room had already sold and they forgot to take the listing down. So now I'm looking at other AirBnB rooms/hotels. Any ever done New Year's Eve in Times Square? If so, any advice you can give? I heard you need to get there early so I would plan on lining up anywhere from noon-1pm. Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thank you!