Bruno was cheap and favored white collar guys over blue collar guys, never turned down an envelope, same with how Castellano was. Kept his family members out of narcotics but allowed the zips to distribute and pay tribute to him. Not just narcotics, but there are instances where guys committed crimes for the family get caught and Bruno would not shell out money for lawyers, retainers, or help out the mobsters family. It would be Caponigro and Testa that would argue with Bruno over this, which in most cases he reluctantly paid out the cash.

Caponigro committed a couple of protocol violations, for one, he was caught loaning out money for a drug deal, which he was remanded for by Bruno, then he was caught badmouthing Bruno to the Colombo New Jersey crew, and Frank Tieri. The Colombos reported it, but Tieri did not. Bruno told Simone that he was thinking of breaking down a couple of capos and pressure Piccolo to become Consigliere for the family, so Caponigro and Testa would not have a leg to stand on. Frank Sindone was thinking of stepping down, Bruno felt Frank Narducci should be given his own crew instead of just being only a capo. Bruno was thinking of hitting Caponigro and had Harry Riccobono and a New Jersey member shadow Caponigro. The plans changed and Caponigro would have to be installed by the commission as temporary boss of the family until the family had a enough time to calm down and vote for a new boss. Many point out that Caponigro did not give his full attention and kept his back to Bruno who was speaking at a gathering, but that was after the fact Caponigro had spoke with Tieri. Caponigro and the rest struck first. Sindone was still in his prime and was tired of the headaches from Bruno, that he was thinking of stepping down.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green