Originally Posted by Revis_Knicks
Originally Posted by Blackmobs
Originally Posted by VitoCahill
would also like to know those on here what there thoughts r on an organization in asia known as SAM GOR.
looks to be an alliance/syndicate of the 14k triad,wo shing wo,sun yee on,big circle gang and the bamboo union
the Boss is tse chi lop a canadian/chinese citizen.
he has been described as the "el chapo" of asia,whatever that meens.
the main m.o. of this alliance is meth/heroin trafficking across asia.
with a large asian population in both toronto and vancouver and consistent large meth,heroin,fentanyl,precursor chems and other drug busts in these cities i wonder if this organization has began penetrating said markets?

since project o phoenix in toronto there has not been a large scale 'ndrangheta drug bust.
project sindicato involved some drugs but was mostly focused on on-line gambling and money laundering.

there has also not been any high level mexican cartel drug busts in last few years.
2014 project roadmaster(sinaloa cartel)
2017 project hope(unsure of cartel connection)

i guess what i am putting down is that both above mentioned groups r accused of being high level drug trafficking organizations and in the last 5 yrs they have not been busted.
so that would show they r being more insular and not as involved in the direct importation of drugs(possible w/ 'ndrangheta and some mexican cartels)...OR
some other group has decided to take over that position of direct supplier to an area like toronto.

in most recent large scale drug busts in GTA the majority of arrested have asian/southeast asian names,not italian or latin american.

I just read about SAM GOR, that is heavy. They old as much weight than the mexican cartels and italian groups.

If I what I read was accurate then they are above everyone.

sam gor seems an interesting subject but according to this article it seems most are media hype especially when some comapres tse chi lop to el chapo or even pablo escobar

Asia’s drug ‘kingpin’ more Hollywood than reality

In the report, Jeremy Douglas, Southeast Asia and Pacific representative for UNODC, was quoted as saying: “Tse Chi Lop is in the league of El Chapo or maybe Pablo Escobar. The word kingpin often gets thrown around, but there is no doubt it applies here.”

Other seasoned observers, however, take issue with the Hollywood-like portrayal of Asia’s drug trade, which they argue is instead run by loosely and informally organized networks, and not by an over-arching, all-powerful “kingpin.”

Ko-lin Chin and Sheldon X Zhang, two of America’s most accomplished criminologists, have shown in seminal books like “The Chinese Heroin Trade” and “The Golden Triangle: Inside Southeast Asia’s Drug Trade” as well as numerous papers and articles that “Chinese [drug and crime] networks are horizontally structured, fluid, and opportunistic.”

They have also argued that, in private conversations, “even US drug enforcement officials in the field have acknowledged that there are no drug kingpins, or at least they have not seen any in China or Southeast Asia.”

Chin and Zhang state categorically in their books and research papers that they have never uncovered any evidence of significant triad involvement in the drug trade. Some triad members may deal in drugs but their main illicit income derives chiefly from enterprises such as construction, extortion, gambling, prostitution and fraud.

https://asiatimes.com/2019/12/asias-drug-kingpin-more-hollywood-than-reality/