Bruno was told by Simone who got back from Newark that the sicilians have turned on Galante and it would only be a matter of time. As to Bruno known about the hit, anything is possible, Newark crew just knew which way the wind was blowing. Simone was a dangerous and sharp mobster, with dozens of kills under his belt over fifty maybe more. Simone knew the life inside and out, plus he had made social calls to the Gambino and Campisi brothers at least twice a month so they either told him what was up, or he knew enough to know that Galante would have to go.

If Bruno and Castellano were close, there would not have been six months wait between Caponigro, Salerno, and Simone followed shortly by Sidone being killed. They would all have been killed fast unless Frank and John were hiding which they were not. Plus the Gambino brother mainly Joe sent Stanfa into hiding, with Big Paul cooling the Westside from looking for Stanfa. Bottomline, it was business for Big Paul, cause once Angelo was dead, the Gambino and Genovese families were getting alot more business in Atlantic City. Castellano was satisfied with Caponigro and Salerno paying the price and figured it was back to business.

Bruno and Corallo got along almost well, it was when Atlantic City came up or a Philly member and Lucchese New Jersey member had sitdowns, by the way Bruno won a sitdown for Caponigro against Tieri years earlier, is when there was any tension. The sitdowns were more peaceful than Atlantic City. Persico never had time enough on the streets. Rastelli there were a couple of meetings after Rastelli became boss. Bruno used Gambino as his proxy vote so he did not have to come to New York City all the time. Whatever Gambinos vote was going to be, Bruno's vote count for Gambino.

Caponigro just wanted Bruno out of the way so he could deal drugs along with other members of the family. He was going to back up Frank Sindone since Sindone was well liked and lived in Philadelphia, as to not move the family boss to New Jersey. Sindone and Simone had other issues with Bruno, as did other members in his family.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green