It keeps popping up that Ciaccone was a protege to Giovanni Bonventre, but it was John Aquaro. When Rastelli was bumped up to Consigliere, he made Ciaccone and bumped him up to capo in his old crew, Paul Sciacca, Carlo Gambino, and Joe Colombo approved him being made, and yes Gambino was a huge factor for the push. Joe Messino resented that, cause he had to wait till a decade later to he made. I would not he suprised if that was the real reason why he blocked Donnie Brasco for membership in fear he would be made before Salvatore Vitale.

Yes, the biggest interests they had in Canada was the drug trade. There plenty of documents that put Paolo Gambino, Joe Biondo of the Gambino family in Toronto, John Omento, Carmine Tramunti of the Lucchese in Toronto, Salvatore Profaci, Giuseppe and Salvatore Badalamenti, Salvatore Mineo and Ambrogio Magliocco of the Colombo crime family in areas of Canada, Pasquale Eboli, Salvatore Granello, Frank Iacone, Gasparo and Salvatore Campisi, and Vito Palmieri of the Genovese family. Not limited to Narcotics, but it was a big money maker and a lot of drugs that showed up in the North Eastern United States came from Canada.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green