Ida as boss was not bad, he had one of best administration from 1946 to 1956. In that ten year span, he and Reginelli finished what Joe Dovi had started. Three of of the four heavy hitters for the family at the time in the 1940s were Harry Riccobono, Antonio Pollina, and Felix DeTullio, the fourth member is probably lost to history. The Philadelphia family took over territories in Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey from the Irish and Jewish mobsters and made alliances with them. Ida and Reginelli got along great. I can only think of one time Joe Ida did along with someone was with Pollina and that was due to how Ida had handled narcotics on Philadelphia and New Jesey.
Once Reginelli died in Maryland in 1956, is when the family was weakened. Dominick Olivetto became underboss and retired, some say so Antonio Pollina could become underboss. Pollina came from the Maggio crew. Olivetto served as an adviser to Pollina once he retired. One of Marco Reginelli proteges was Angelo Bruno. Pollina was just waiting for his moment at the top spot.
I find Giuseppe Rugnetta the most interesting members of the time, he was Consigliere from 1946 till his death.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green